Health is a priority, but so are other things.
Grocery store trips have never been more stressful than now. With COVID-19 there are many factors to a grocery store trip which we must consider in order to be thorough, clear, and safe; something we did not have to do before. Nonetheless, we must stay safe so here are five strategic steps you can take to ease the stress and tension you feel while shopping at the grocery store.
- Be patient. There will be lines, but remember that the less crowds, the safer you will be. Social distancing and masks are necessary to keep people healthy, so be patient, understand we are all in this together, and thank those shift workers, because they deserve our appreciation and gratitude. Some grocery store workers may be working 10-hour shifts.
- Clean up. There is no proof that food packaging can transmit COVID-19, but if you would like to disinfect the wrapping, feel free to do so. Just remember to wash your hands before and after cleaning and to let everything dry before you put it into its respective place. Do not leave your masks and gloves in the basket or cart.
- Be organized. This not only goes for grocery store shoppers but also for employers. Shoppers should keep an organized list of groceries that can be sufficient for 1-2 weeks and quickly finish shopping, while employers should keep clear shift working schedules for their workers. Having a shift work app which syncs with a calendar is useful in these types of times and beyond.
- Be nice. A lot of these grocery store workers are stressed and do not have options about working. They have minimal control over their shift work and social life. Do not get angry. They are risking their lives too.
- Do your part. As we said earlier, we are all in this together, but ignoring the measures taken to keep you safe will put others at risk too. Go grocery shopping alone and do not bring reusable grocery bags as they harbor lots of germs.
Remember, wear a mask, stay organized, and stay positive!
A re-designed shift worker app, coming to you soon. A common saying in the entrepreneurial community is “entrepreneurs are the only people crazy...
There are all sorts of apps that are geared to different industries. Here are the essential ones Even though a clear shift work schedule planner is...
Stay Up to Date With The Latest News & Updates
Join Our Newsletter
Sign up now to become part of the ShedWool Shift Worker Community and stay up to date on shift worker news, ShedWool features, updates, and more.
Find ShedWool on your favorite social media platform and stay connected with our fresh content.
"It’s simple, to the point, and quick. Time preferences and time off requests are easy. Everything works seamlessly. Shift blocks are super customizable. All of my employees have enjoyed having the schedule close at hand."
– Bo C., Retail Manager
"I love how easy it is to use and that employees can access their schedule through their phones."
– Jenny B., Health And Wellness Director
"The software is very user friendly and easy to deploy to employee."
– Sheila T., Chief Executive Officer
WE AT SHEDWOOL ARE WARM AND FUZZY, THAT’S WHY WE CALL OURSELVES WOOLIES!
Request to schedule a demo, learn more, or just ask some questions. Woolies are here to help! Complete the form to the right and a customer success specialist will be in touch!
Thank you for your interest in ShedWool Smart Shift Scheduling. A team member will reach out to you shortly be with you soon to discuss how ShedWool can help you save time and money for your organization.